• Size: Murray Grey bulls will usually weigh
1800-2500 lbs; cows normally weigh 1000-1400 lbs. They
are a true medium-framed animal that can maintain body
• Polled: Murray Greys are naturally polled and
take the horns off crossbred calves, and will add milk
to your herd.
• Calving Ease: The calves are small and quick to
their feet. They grow quickly and are adaptable to all
climates. Many commercial producers buy a Murray bull to
use on first calf heifers and are pleased enough with the
results to use the bull on all their herd.
• Docile: Murray Greys are calm to work with and
are known as the "gentle builders of beef". Their good
nature is especially important to part-time producers;
ease of handling saves time, money, and temper!
• color: The hair color ranges from
very light silver to chocolate or dun grey; some animals
are even black but the majority are silver to a silvery-khaki
color. Their skin has a dark pigmentation, which helps
prevent cancer eye.
• Feed conversion: Moderate frame size with excellent
feed conversion and will marble on grass.
• Murray Greys have started to win carcass competitions
at the Calgary Stampede in Canada, to include the top prize
• Adaptability: Murray Greys and
their crosses can be found producing from Canada to South
and LeeAnn Springer
2610 Hatcher Road
North Little Rock, Arkansas 72120
Home Phone: 501-834-0466 • Cell Phone: 501-517-0177